Join Our Email List
This store is Upfront
Track N Field Articles
Volleyball - history and conditions
CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED TOPIC
Volleyball the game originated in the year 1895by William G. Morgan, a graduate from the Springfield college of YMCA. It has completed its golden period in the year 1995.
Volleyball was previously named as mignonette. For the first time when the game was played the net used for the match was borrowed from tennis and which was about 6 feet 6 inches over the floor. In the year 1916, in Philippines, a nasty way of passing the ball in a high trajectory to be hit by another player (the position and spike) was brought in. In the year 1964, Volleyball sports equipment was added in the Olympic Games in Tokyo. In the year 1996, two-person beach volleyball was as well added to the Olympics.VOLLEYBALL RULES
- Maximum of three strikes at a time for each side.
- Player might not strike the ball two times in a series.
- Ball might be played off the net at some point in a volley and on serve.
- A ball touching a border line is excellent.
- A lawful hit is get in touch with the ball by a participant body over and as well as the waist which does not let the ball to clearly come to a rest.
- If two or more players make contact with the ball at the same time, it is measured one play and the players caught up might not take part in the next play.
- A player should not chunk or attack a serve.
- Changing places will be allowable only among front line players.
- Server has to serve from at the back the end line until after contact.
- Serving can be done either underhand or overhand.
- Ball should be clearly visible to challengers prior to the serve.
- Served ball may possibly graze the net and fall to the other part for point.
- First game serve is determined by a volley, every following game must be served by the earlier game loser.
- Serve should be given again by a hit only.
- The first team to accomplish 21 points and succeed by 2 points wins the game.
The ground on which this game is played must be in a rectangular shape with measurements 18m x 9m. Outlines which are drawn on court must be 5cm (2" wide). The ball which is brought into play for the match must weigh between 9 and 10 ounces. The height of the net for men is supposed to be 7'11-5/8" and for women 7'4-1/8". Every player is required to wear athletic shoes. They should be non-marking. A match consists of the best two out of three games. Every game will have a 12-minute as the maximum time taken.WHERE TO BUY ATHLETIC EQUIPMENTS?
For further details, or for purchasing Sports Equipment like Discus throw, Shot put, Fitness Equipment, Hurdles, kettlebells, Hammer throw Equipment, Weight lifting equipment etc., log onto, www.tracknfieldgear.com.
Just say No to odor. Squirt into gloves, shoes and duffel bags after every work-out.
No. B.O. Keeps your gear odor free. Detailed Description
Remove yucky oder by spraying NO BO into shows, gyms bags etc.Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.