Join Our Email List
This store is Upfront
Track N Field Articles
Kettlebells are free weights which are used by all age groups for work out. They are usually round shaped with a handle on top to lift it for doing exercises. Kettle bells provide different varieties of workout routines that dumbbells cannot perform. For example, with the kettlebells swinging weights can be done easily but with dumbbells it can be hard to perform.
If you are planning to use kettlebells for your workout, you need to choose properly, especially if you are just beginning a workout plan. This article gives you several tips and suggestions for choosing kettlebells for your workout.
1. Always choose kettlebells that are lightweight and can be used comfortably. This is considered best for beginners. A beginner should always choose ten pounds, but you can go higher than that if you can carry heavier kettlebells. It all depends on your fitness level. Some beginners can start with 15 to 20 pound kettlebell. Some beginners, usually men can start working out with 25 to 30 pound kettlebells.
2. Get different kettlebell sizes. Depending on the type of exercise you are doing, you will require different weights. When you start your workout, you will be progressing from light weights to heavier weights as you intend to build your muscles mass. Buy different sizes of kettlebells as you may use lighter weights some days and lift heavier weights depending on the mood.
3. Different types of kettlebell materials are used by people. Most kettlebells are made up of metal. A 25 pound kettlebell will always have 25 pounds of whatever material it is made of. Different types of kettlebells are available from which you can choose your preferred color. For different weights choose different colors so that you can distinguish what color is meant for which weight. Color can complement your workout area, too.
4. You can choose between fixed weight kettlebells and plate-loaded kettlebells. Fixed weight kettlebells have fixed weights. On the other hand, plate loaded kettlebells can vary their weights according to the total weight of the metal plates that you load onto the kettlebell handle. If you speak in terms of efficiency, there is hardly any difference between them. But if we speak about cost and investment, there is considerable debate favoring either side. Cost will depend based on workout.
5. If you don’t know how to do kettlbell exercises you can search over YouTube. There are various exercises in kettlebells that you can learn from YouTube. But the right thing would be to consult an instructor before doing exercises.
6. It is important that you start slow and get some training when using kettlebells. When used incorrectly, you can cause some nasty injuries. Proper usage of cast iron weight requires strength, coordination and lots of practice with a lightweight before increasing weight.
And also see more articles on shot put, discus techniques and fitness.....
Intro on discus throwing techniques